The antenna system consists of
a single Rohn 45 tower 94 feet. The mast is 20 feet of high
grade quarter inch wall tubing. This structure support seven
1. 16 element Cushcraft 2 meter.
2. 9 element 6 meter Cushcraft.
3. Telerex Monarch tribander. This antenna had not been up before
and is a monster triband, The middle of the boom is 4.5 inches.
I probably could not afford this puppy if it were manufactured
today. The AEA HF analyzer indicates this is a low VSWR antenna
on all supported bands.
4. 6 meter, 2 meter, 70CM. Comet vertical side mounted on the
5. All band 160 through 10 meters including WARC long wire by
Electro Dynamics (not up in this picture).
6. Force 12 4SXL side mounted on a TIC Ring Rotor. This is a
great rotor and is plenty strong to handle any beam manufactured
today. When we put the TIC up a helper who weighed 150 Lb. stood
on it as it rotated. I was impressed.
7. Number 7 antenna is really part of number 6. The 2 element
40 meter beam has a separate coax.
All antennas are connected with LMR-400 coax. The top rotor
is a Big Boy PST-61 rotor. The guy and supports are interesting
and picture is included HERE.
The guys are Phillistran and therefore nonconductive. I CO-designed
the antenna system with Charles Nations. He erected the system
with a little help (not much). Charles Nations is meticulous
in his work. He erects safe antennas that work. He is pictured
here on the antenna.